Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beginnings

I've never blogged... never considered blogging... never followed a blog... So why start now?

It's simple, really. I'm embarking on something completely new and truly terrifying. I hope that by thinking out loud (so to speak) I'll be able to find my way, learn something about myself, and allay my fears. OK, truth is they're probably not allayable.

What's so scary? My first-ever High Holiday services -- as a service leader, that is. I've been a congregant in about a zillion HH services. Well, that may be an exaggeration, but you know what I mean. At the ripe old age of 52, it certainly feels like a zillion or so.

This blog will be my way of marking the journey, from Shabbat Nachamu (the first haftarah of consolation) through Yom Kippur. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment